"A cheerful heart is good medicine . . . Proverbs 17:22

Monday, April 25, 2011

Just a few cards I made today. The first one is a sympathy card for friends of ours - I never use a lot of black background on my cards but I saw this in one of my card magazines and thought I would give it a try.


Used Cuttlebug Embossing folder Floral Fantasy on the black. The butterfly is Hero Arts Digital Winged Friends. Colored it using my Copics. Used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Wild Honey around the edges of the yellow paper. Since I still can not get the hang of stitching on paper I used a black gel pen and went around the edges. Used four different sizes of purple buttons and ran Hemp Jewelry Cord through them. The center panel is raised with pop dots.

Just got in one of my flower stamps from PaperTrey Ink. I love their collection of flower stamps. This is their November Mums.
The background stamp on the pink is stamped with the Envelope Background in Hero Arts Soft Pink. (Really hard to tell in this picture.) Colored the flower with Copics R20, R22, and R24. Used YG 97, YG 95, and YG 63 on the leaves. Sentiment is from Hero Arts CL434 Just Find Me.

Thank you so much for stopping by and looking!

Thought for the Day:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment