"A cheerful heart is good medicine . . . Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

So Excited

I made this card using some ideas from some lovely women who share their talent on cardmaking sites. I was so excited that they actually worked for me! Most of the time I am not as proficient in my skills and I am DEFINITELY a hands-on person, therefore, I am very thankful for the video demonstrated age :)

Here is the result:
By the way ~ SO glad you stopped by!

I watched the video by Julie Ebersole on the Hero Arts blog for the coloring technique - did all my "huffing" too :) I used the inspiration from Jill Foster on shading the white label while leaving it in the frame so that the label would have a framing effect. I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass. AND  I took some white seam binding and colored it with one of my copics to dye it to blend with my other shades of blue. Marcy clued me in on where everyone buys their seam binding - thanks Marcy. Last but not least - I watched a video on how to tie the perfect bow!!!!!  I was one "high-tech" woman for a day!!! Love the results.

Materials:
Flower: Sizzix Hero Arts 657776
Memento Markers: Flower-Dandelion, Tangelo; Stem~New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves
Labels: Spellbinders Labels 14
Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey (for the sentiment label)
Seam Binding: Zipper Stop (White)
Sentiment: Hero Arts CL177 Sparkle Clear: Hello Birdie
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Copic Marker and BLING 

Another card - but not all the techniques :)

Thought For The Day:
Create in me a clean heart, Oh God; and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."
Psalm 51:1-12

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card and I love the coloring on the first flower. Had my eye on that stamp for a while. Techniques are so fun especially when you can get them right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your cards, Pam! I, too, love that we can see so many great videos now and the best thing is, most of them are free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, these cards are beautiful! I especially love your "high-tech" one! The coloring on that flower is perfection -- your "huffing" definitely paid off! :) I always enjoy seeing your work in the HA flickr group!

    Also, I want to thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog today -- it really made my day! Thanks again for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete