"A cheerful heart is good medicine . . . Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

This Was Different

This month's themes on the Hero Arts Blog are Birthdays along with a Color Challenge and the technique is Interactive Cards. So here is my first entry.



I recently purchased the Dot Flower Pattern (CG335) and stamped it with black ink to see what I wanted to do with the flowers. Since the stamp is slightly smaller than a standard 4.25 x 5.5 card base it left a white border. I changed my mind about coloring the flowers yet the background looked pretty blah to me. I decided to sue some of the special Target Colored Tape that Susan sent me. I used a solid color and striped one in the gold/orange and laid the tape diagonal across the background and VOILA!

Cupcake: HA CL576 (Wish Big) - paper pieced the cupcake and glossy accents on the heart.
Sentiment is from the same stamp set.
Ribbon is seam binding colored with copic marker.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a blessed day!

Thought For The Day:
"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10

2 comments: