"A cheerful heart is good medicine . . . Proverbs 17:22

Monday, April 1, 2013

Inspiration

I think quilts are absolutely one of the most creative works of art. I have always wanted to make one but do not have the patience for the cutting and sewing that is required. I purchased an Easy Quilts magazine Summer 2013 publication and found this unique use of a quilt.


It inspired me to make this card:


The sentiment is Hero Arts CL613. The panel and background was embossed using a Paper Studio embossing folder. I used a 1 1/4" EK Success circle punch to get the oval size I needed and used as a "pattern" to punch the others.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Hope you have had a blessed day!

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him."
Psalm 34:8

4 comments:

  1. Great take on your inspiration, Pam!! Love the way you made your colorful ovals. I used to make quilts; paper is much easier to throw away and start over!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wondeful inspiration and i so love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on the inspiration photo! Love the depth the embossing adds and how it resembles quilting!

    ReplyDelete